Friday, July 23, 2010

20th Anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)


Monday, July 26th, is the 20th Anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), which in part, has helped reduce barriers to employment and education. I will be celebrating at my local level and I hope you will, too. It's good to look at how far we've come to get energized for all the work that still remains.

I find it especially interesting that the ADA was passed the year my son was born and so few were talking about the value of those with special needs. That injustice has fueled my work on special needs for the past two decades. I'm thrilled that today, so many terrific men and women are working hard to ensure the rights and better life opportunities for those with disabilities. Bless them all.

For more about this important day, visit the ADA.

Photo Judy Winter 2010

No comments: